Scandinavian Heritage - Small Group, 2021
Scandinavian Heritage – Small Group, 2021
From the Midnight Sun to the Little Mermaid and from crossing the Arctic Circle to crossing the northern seas, Scandinavia is truly an astonishing part of the world.
- Oslo: On arrival at Oslo airport, your transfer will leave for the hotel at 09:30, 12:00 or 14:30. Join your Travel Director and fellow guests at 17:30, to enjoy a Welcome Dinner with wine.
- Bergen: Enjoy an evening of dinner and wine at a local restaurant. Zupperia Matbørsen offers traditional Norwegian and European meal with an Asian twist.
- Aarhus: Savour a delightful meal prepared with fresh, locally-sourced ingredients.
- Helsinki: Wander through the aromatic stalls of a traditional food market with your Local Expert and sample local produce, like liquorice or smoked reindeer.
- Helsinki: Wander through the aromatic stalls of a traditional food market with your Local Expert and sample local produce like liquorice or smoked reindeer.
- Alta: Savour a delicious oven-baked dinner of local seasonal specialities of fresh salmon or the local’s favourite, reindeer, served with fresh salads and wine.
- Oslo: Scandinavian hospitality is matched with fine food and a glass of wine at your Celebration Dinner.
- Dining Summary: 27 Breakfast (B), 8 Dinner (D), 7 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Aarhus: Choose between joining a Local Expert to visit Den Gamle By open air museum, offering a trip through 300 years of Danish culture or alternatively, walk through the Botanical Gardens with your Local Expert and learn about Danish nature and flora.
- Rovaniemi: Choose between spending time at Santa Claus village and embracing the spirit of Christmas, or alternatively, join your Local Expert for a nature walk in the forest.
- Alta: Meet Trine and her huskies. Hear tales about their marathon Artic dog sled races during a hearty dinner.
Make Travel Matter
- Karasjok: Visit the museum devoted to Sami history in Karasjok, preserving the culture of one of the world’s oldest tribes. Admire over 5,000 objects in the cultural heritage collection here spread across indoor and outdoor exhibits.The Sami Museum advances SDG 11: Sustainable Cities & Communities. The museum educates its visitors about the resiliency of the Sami community and endeavors to safeguard the tribes traditional practices.
Top Rated Highlights
- Scenic Drives: While travelling through southern Scandinavia, experience some of the most beautiful natural scenery in the world. Travel through the Skåne Region, along Lake Vättern, through Lapland and upon the Four Winds’ Road. Pass Kåfjord, the Lyngen Alps, the Rago National Park, Laksfoss Falls, through Norwegian Fjordland, past Dovre Mountains, the Rondane National Park and through Pyr Gynt Country. Experience the Norwegian West Coast from Bergen to Stavanger, around the south cape of Norway and across Jutland Peninsula.
- Oslo: Take a moment to contemplate the interesting Vigeland sculptures when you visit Frogner Park.
- Bergen: With your Local Expert, see the many colourful stalls of the lively Fish Market and marvel at the 13th century Haakon’s Hall.
- West Coast Norway: Fjord hop from Bergen to Stavanger.
- Lysefjord: Embrace spectacular scenery as you cruise through Lysefjord to the magnificent Pulpit Rock. See Vagabond’s Cave, old mountain farms, idyllic islands and majestic scenery. Your cruiser is emission-free and uses eco-friendly technology for its navigation.
- Kristiansand: During your orientation with your Travel Director, walk the city centre and see the Dom Kirke and Nupen Fountain.
- Skagerrak: Sail across the Skagerrak as you cross from Kristiansand to Hirsthals.
- Aarhus: A vibrant mix of youthful energy and a blast from the past makes Aarhus a city with an energetic beat of the pulse. Join your Local Expert for an exploration of the city centre. See the City Hall, the modern art museum ARoS Aarhus ART Museum topped with an immense, interactive artwork and Dokk1, the largest public library in Scandinavia. Walk through the area surrounding the cathedral and visit the new township for splendid views of Aarhus Bay. The afternoon is free for you to explore at your own pace.
- Odense: Be enchanted by the tales of Hans Christian Anderson’s life when you visit the museum dedicated to his life and works.
- Copenhagen: Visit the impressive 18th century Copenhagen Cathedral, designed by Christian Frederik Hansen, known for its neoclassical architecture and for featuring the largest bell in Denmark.
- Oresund Bridge: Cross this magnificent fiat of engineering. It’s the longest road and rail bridge in Europe, spanning 8 kilometres.
- Stockholm: With your Local Expert, visit Gamla Stan to see the cathedral where Swedish kings have been coronated and wander the narrow streets of the Old Town.
- Cruise: Admire the beautiful views from your high-class, sea-view cabin as your cruise through the largest archipelago in the world, from Stockholm to Helsinki.
- Helsinki: Your Local Expert will show you the sights of the harbour city. Visit the Church in the Rock, admire the interesting Sibelius Monument and see Finlandia Hall before enjoying free time to explore the harbour of this fascinating city of design.
- Kuopio: Admire the spectacular panoramic views from atop Puijo Tower.
- Oulu: Visit Northern Finland’s oldest city. It is also one of the most important harbour cities in all of Northern Europe.
- Rovaniemi: See Alvar Aalto’s Town Hall and visit the cathedral. You’ll even receive an Arctic Circle Crossing certificate.
- Sodankyla: Visit one of Lapland’s oldest churches.
- Ivalo: Enjoy an orientation as you arrive into the village.
- Karasjok: See the Sami Parliam…
Welcome to Oslo
Oslo city to coastal Bergen
Ancient Hanseatic port of Bergen
A Coastline like no Other
The Wonders of Lysefjord
Onwards to Kristiansand
Kristiansand to Aarhus
Odense to Copenhagen
Scenic farmlands of Sweden
Stockholm and Baltic Cruise
Lakes and Forests to Kuopio
The Road to Rovaniemi
Rovaniemi and Lapland
The Arctic to Ivalo
The North Cape
Through Finnmark to Alta
A World of Adventure in Alta
Across Tysfjord to Mosjøen
Laksfoss Falls to Trondheim
Geiranger, Jewel of the Fjords
Geiranger at Leisure
Oslo, the Capital
Out of Oslo